We made all kind of inserts for Plastic Injection Mold & other Industries. Heat/Ultrasonic and Pressed-In Inserts are the most popular. Our inserts are made from Brass, Aluminum, & Stainless Steel. Free samples are available upon requested.
Our Threaded Inserts can be order in Metric and Inch . We supply all kinds of Inserts with variety length for the industry.
Threaded Inserts is a fastener element that is inserted into an object to add a threaded hole to create a long lasting thread in plastic, metal, wood, or composite materials. Our Inserts are available in brass, aluminum, stainless steel, or any other materials based on special request.
Thermoplastic and thermoset Plastic are two commonly plastics used in plastic injection molding. Thermoplastic is softer and more fluid when additional heat applied. It offer high strength, shrink resistance, easily bendable, and eco friendly. Thermoset plastic, on the other side, is more cost-effective, more resistance to high temperatures, and high levels of dimensional stability. However, thermoset plastic is more difficult to surface finish and can’t be remolded or reshaped.
AVF Inserts come in two sizes: Metric and UNF system (inch).
1. Heat / Ultrasonic: two of the most common methods to install inserts into plastic products.
• Heat: insert is installed by pressing into the mounting hole thermally to melt the plastic surrounding the inserts.
• Ultrasonic: insert is pressed into a pre-drilled hole while an ultrasonic device generated high frequency vibration applies to the hole. The vibrations generate enough heat to melt the plastic around the insert.
2. Molded-in: insert is installed during molding process. Plastic is injected into a mold that contains a pre-placed insert. The result of insert molding is a single molded plastic piece with an insert surrounded by the plastic. Molded-in insert process can eliminate the need for secondary steps or installation equipment.
3. Press-in: insert is installed by simply press into the drilled hole or pre-molded. Press-in inserts are designed for post-molding installation either thermoset plastics or thermoplastics.
What is Inserts?
8 - 8
Looking for the Best Engineering Solution for your Project?
GET STARTED NOW
SUBCRIBE WITH US
Get the latest report about the project and company profile.
All Rights Reserved © 20120 | AVF Screw Machine, LLC.